What Is the 2020 RAM 1500 Gas Mileage?
What can you expect from the 2020 RAM 1500 gas mileage on Memphis roads? It depends on which powertrain setup you select, but you can look forward to up to 20 mpg city and 25 mpg highway with a gas engine and 22 mpg city and 32 mpg highway with a diesel, according to EPA estimates. Discover the RAM 1500 mpg capabilities with this guide from Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and learn how you can save at Southhaven, MS gas pumps.
RAM 1500 MPG Overview
The RAM 1500 has three distinct gas engines and one diesel engine available with various configurations, each of which achieves different RAM 1500 mpg ratings.
- 3.6L Pentastar V6 Engine with eTorque
- Fuel Efficiency (4X2): 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway
- Fuel Efficiency (4X4): 19 mpg city/24 mpg highway
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine
- Fuel Efficiency (4×2): 22 mpg city/32 mpg highway
- Fuel Efficiency (4×4): 21 mpg city/29 mpg highway
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine
- Fuel Efficiency (4X2): 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway
- Fuel Efficiency (4X4): 15 mpg city/21 mpg highway
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine with eTorque
- Fuel Efficiency (4X2): 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway
- Fuel Efficiency (4X4): 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway
What Is eTorque?
How does the RAM 1500 accomplish such strong fuel economy returns, you ask? It’s largely thanks to the eTorque Mild Hybrid System, which replaces the traditional alternator with a 48-volt, battery-powered, belt-driven motor generator. And while the term hybrid is typically associated with efficiency, this system in particular also boosts performance, torque, payload, and towing.
RAM 1500 Fuel Economy Features
In addition to the eTorque system, the RAM 1500 comes equipped with a number of engineering and technology elements that boost its efficiency. Some of the RAM 1500 fuel economy features include:
- TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission: This specialized transmission relies on the eTorque system to improve efficiency and performance by automatically handling and optimizing shift changes and points.
- Active Air Dam: The RAM 1500 Rebel and models with non-air suspensions have this active front air dam that automatically extends downward to help reduce drag.
- Aerodynamics: With an elevated hood, a sculpted roof design, and active aerodynamic features, the RAM 1500 deflects air and directs it appropriately to the rear spoiler for reduced drag.
- Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension: At highway speeds, this suspension lowers the vehicle to reduce drag and promote greater efficiency.
Take Advantage of the RAM 1500 Fuel Economy Ratings!
The new RAM 1500 is available now at Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, serving drivers from Oxford, MS and beyond! Get in touch to schedule a test drive, and in the meantime, see how the 2020 model has improved from the 2019 model or explore RAM truck bed covers.
More on RAM Model Features
Did you just find the new RAM 1500 you’ve been looking for, but now you’re wondering if you can upgrade it to your standards? Lucky for you, the RAM 1500 is available with tons of upgrades and accessories, including RAM 1500 truck bed covers. Protect your Southhaven, MS work equipment or personal cargo with these handy…
What can you expect from the 2020 RAM 1500 gas mileage on Memphis roads? It depends on which powertrain setup you select, but you can look forward to up to 20 mpg city and 25 mpg highway with a gas engine and 22 mpg city and 32 mpg highway with a diesel, according to EPA…
Following your Ram 1500 maintenance schedule or Ram 2500 maintenance schedule is vital if you want to keep enjoying performance and capability above and beyond what competing trucks can offer. To make it easy, Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram has put together a quick overview of everything your Ram vehicle can expect at each interval. Read on for: Ram 1500…