How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? When equipped with the proper equipment, the 2019 RAM 1500 offers a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. Offering Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity, the RAM 1500 offers the capability you need, as well as impressive fuel-efficiency to keep you focused on the task at hand. Learn more about RAM 1500 towing capacity and capability specs with the team at Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
All three engines available on the RAM 1500 offer their own unique performance capabilities to the table. Every engine option you choose from is mated to the Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8 speed automatic transmission. Specs for each engine are as follows:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Max towing capacity with this engine is 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque. RAM 1500 towing capacity with this engine is capped at 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—produces the same figures shown above, but increases towing capacity to a Best-in-Class 12,750 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
A powerful and dynamic engine is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to towing with the RAM 1500. There are plenty of intelligent features that will help make towing through Memphis and Oxford, MS a breeze. Here’s a few examples:
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works alongside the available eTorque mild hybrid system, helping the RAM 1500 earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes to help you keep your payloads in control on Southhaven, MS and Olive Branch, MS streets.
Test Drive the 2019 RAM 1500 at Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Collierville!
Now that you’ve answered the question, “how much can a RAM 1500 tow?” it’s time to take a test drive at Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram! Our team will help you learn everything you need to know about RAM 1500 towing capacity, engine specs, and more! Don’t hesitate to contact us, or take a look at available RAM 1500 bed accessories.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
More RAM 1500 Features
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? When equipped with the proper equipment, the 2019 RAM 1500 offers a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. Offering Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity, the RAM 1500 offers the capability you need, as well as impressive fuel-efficiency to keep you focused on the task at hand. Learn more…
RAM 1500 owners know that their trucks offer world-class performance and capability, but there’s always room for even more improvement! Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram offers RAM 1500 accessories for customers who are looking for additional security and storage. Discover RAM 1500 features that will help make the most of every drive from Memphis to Southhaven, MS. Order Parts View…
The All-New 2019 RAM 1500 is loaded with power, features, and advanced technology that help you tackle any job while also keeping you safe on the roads of Collierville. Drivers know the RAM 1500 for its towing and hauling capabilities, but the all-new RAM 1500 also has a suite of features focused and convenience and…