Used Vehicle Inspection Process
At Collierville CDJR, we make sure every single vehicle on our lot is in the best condition possible. With our used vehicles, we road test them, put them through a thorough inspection, and make sure there are no lingering issues before we put them out for sale on our lot. So if you’re looking for a used vehicle near Memphis, you’ll find more than enough in terms of quality and trusted brands at our Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in Collierville. Let’s take a closer look at our used vehicle inspection process.
- Fluid Levels: Check and fill engine oil, brake reservoir, power steering, transmission, window wash, and coolant recover reservoir as needed
- Basic Maintenance Checks and Tasks: These include an oil change, oil filter, engine air filter, engine coolant, transmission fluid, transmission filter, fuel filter, cabin air filter, spark plugs, tire rotation, seat filter, and accessory drive belt(s)
- Condition Checks: These are marked as either “OK”, “May Require Future Attention”, or “Requires Prompt Attention”. These include:
- Operation of interior and exterior lights, turn signals, horn, hazard and brake lamps
- Radiator, air-conditioning, and heater hoses checked for leaks and damage
- Windshield checked for chips, cracks, and pitting
- Windshield washer spray, wiper blades, and wiper operation
- Accessory drive belt(s)
- Brake system and wheel end checked for bearing nose and end-play
- Clutch (if equipped)
- Constant Velocity (CV) drive axle boots (if equipped)
- Drive shaft, transmission, u-joint, and shift linkage (if equipped) and lubricated (as needed)
- Engine cooling system, hoses, and clamps
- Exhaust system checked for leaks, loose parts, and damage
- Oil and/or fluid leaks
- Shocks/struts and suspension components checked for leaks and damage
- Steering and steering linkages
- Battery Check: Terminals are checked and cleaned as needed and battery health is determined
- Tire Check: Tire tread depth and wear pattern are determined, denoting if an alignment or wheel balance are needed. Tire pressure is also filled
- Brake Check: Disc or Drum brakes are measured, checking for wear and/or replacement needs
Used Vehicle Warranty Coverage
We don’t want our customers driving around the streets of Southhaven, MS without proper coverage. That is why every one of our used cars come with a 3 month/3,000 mile warranty coverage program. No matter which vehicle you buy from us, new or used, we’ll make sure you have excellent warranty coverage.
Get Your Next Used Car From Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Visit us today in Collierville to explore our extensive inventory of used vehicles. We are confident that you’ll find something that you’ll want to drive home to Oxford, MS in no time. If you want to talk through financing options, schedule an appointment, or begin the purchasing process, simple contact us today! You can also view information on our Certified Pre-Owned Inspection Process as well!
More From Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
If you’re thinking of buying a new Jeep SUV, you’re probably wondering, “Are Jeeps safe?” Jeep is a pioneer in off-road performance and advanced 4×4 systems that are designed to keep you safe and secure. Additionally, new Jeep SUVs offer advanced safety technology to provide peace of mind when you’re driving from Memphis to Southhaven, MS….
The Jeep Wrangler is legendary around the Southhaven, MS area and far beyond for dozens of reasons. From its benchmark off-road capability to its domineering style, it’s no surprise that the Wrangler is an all-time favorite. Because of its immense popularity, Memphis drivers come to our dealership with all sorts of questions. One of the most…
If you are looking for a family vehicle with the perfect balance of space, 4×4 capabilities, and tech features, check out the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Explore the Grand Cherokee dimensions, cargo space, technology, and comfort features today with the experts at Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. No matter which trim level you choose, you will find plenty of…