Truck Lift and Leveling Kits
A lifted truck can offer everything from upgraded style to rugged performance. Lifts and leveling kits keep your RAM truck level while increasing ground clearance and delivering an aggressive an off-roading stance. If you are looking for adventure in Memphis, learn more about the various methods for lifting your truck for your next outdoor expedition!
Types of Lift Kits
Depending on your end goal, there are multiple lift types to choose for your truck in Oxford, MS. Some examples include:
- Body lift: This lift places a spacer between the frame and body mounts and is used to install larger tires, increase space for bigger engines and transmission, and add power takeoff tools.
- Spacer lift: This option lifts the vehicle 1 to 2 inches and involves placing a spacer between the suspension and the mounting location of the suspension.
- Torsion bars: One of the easiest ways to lift your truck is with torsion bars. These typically allow you to adjust your suspension height in small increments.
- Coil springs: If you prefer not to use a spacer, you can turn to coil springs, which can be custom made for the height and spring rate you desire.
- Leaf springs: Likewise, you can entirely replace leaf springs to lift your vehicle, add a single leaf, or replace the shackle where spring mounts with the larger one.
- Air suspension: Considered the simplest way to lift your car or truck in small amounts, air suspensions allow you to adjust ride height sensors directly.
When purchasing a lift kit, you need to make sure it was designed to fit your exact make and model. If you need help finding the proper kit, contact your Collierville parts department.
Keeping your lifted truck completely level is key for its performance and your safety. While lift kits add height, leveling kits are often needed to keep your truck perfectly parallel to the ground. Leveling kit options include:
- Standard Leveling Kits
- Front and Rear Spring Spacer Leveling Kits
- Coil Spacer Leveling Kits
- Coil Spacer Leveling Kits with shocks
- Front Strut Leveling Kits
Lift Your Truck With Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The team at Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram can help you find the proper lift for your truck, as well as install it. Have additional questions about lifting your truck? Feel free to contact us to discuss them today!
More From Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Did you just find the new RAM 1500 you’ve been looking for, but now you’re wondering if you can upgrade it to your standards? Lucky for you, the RAM 1500 is available with tons of upgrades and accessories, including RAM 1500 truck bed covers. Protect your Southhaven, MS work equipment or personal cargo with these handy…
What can you expect from the 2020 RAM 1500 gas mileage on Memphis roads? It depends on which powertrain setup you select, but you can look forward to up to 20 mpg city and 25 mpg highway with a gas engine and 22 mpg city and 32 mpg highway with a diesel, according to EPA…
You may know the basic components of a good vehicle maintenance plan, but when you drive a vehicle as special as a Jeep Wrangler, you do things a little different. Dedicated Jeep owners know that it’s worth the time to learn about Jeep Wrangler maintenance. This small time investment will keep your car in top…