2018 RAM 2500 Performance Calls on Best-in-Class Horsepower
2018 Ram 2500 performance is a bold example of how far modern trucks have come. To explore Class-Exclusive features and Best-in-Class specs, simply read on for details on engine options, towing and payload capacity, and performance features.
RAM 2500 Engine Options
The 2018 Ram 2500 can customize power around your needs, with engine options including:
- 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6: Offers up to 370 hp and 800 lb-ft of torque, plus a Best-in-Class 15,000-mile oil change interval and Class-Exclusive smart diesel exhaust brake.
- Heavy-Duty 6.4L HEMI® V8: Fits two spark plugs per cylinder to push output up to a Best-in-Class 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8: Employs Variable Valve Timing (VVT) to put you in command of up to 383 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
Ram 2500 Towing and Payload
Those with an eye on performance will be concerned with Ram 2500 towing capacity and Ram 2500 payload capacity, so here’s how it breaks down by engine:
- 6.7L: Tow up to 17,980 lbs. Carry up to 3,160 lbs.
- 6.4L Tow up to a Best-in-Class 16,320 lbs. Carry up to 3,990 lbs.
- 5.7L: Tow up to 13,890 lbs. Carry up to 3,060 lbs.
Whether you need to tow heavy between Memphis and Southhaven, MS or drive with a deeply laden truck bed through Collierville, the Ram 2500 will see the job done without breaking a sweat.
Ram 2500 Performance and Capability Features
The Ram 2500’s exceptional power is expertly handled by a 50,000-PSI hydroformed steel frame, but it’s more than raw muscle that elevates it above the competition. Performance and capability features include:
- Heavy-Duty Hooks
- Trailer Harness Connector
- Tow/Haul Mode Select
- Class-Exclusive Rear Auto-Level Air Suspension
- Ram Active Air®
There’s also an available Snow Chief Package with:
- Limited Slip Axle
- Transfer Case Skid Plate
- Clearance Lamps
- 18-Inch On-/Off-Road Tires
The Ram 2500 Overpowers Traditional Performance with Groundbreaking Specs
You should already have an idea of the potential of the new Ram 2500, but nothing compares to experiencing it first-hand. Whether you want to compare it against the Ram 1500 or Ford F-250, talk through financing options, or simply arrange a test drive, contact us today. We’ll help you find the RAM truck you need, from the RAM 2500, to the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel.
More From Collierville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Did you just find the new RAM 1500 you’ve been looking for, but now you’re wondering if you can upgrade it to your standards? Lucky for you, the RAM 1500 is available with tons of upgrades and accessories, including RAM 1500 truck bed covers. Protect your Southhaven, MS work equipment or personal cargo with these handy…
What can you expect from the 2020 RAM 1500 gas mileage on Memphis roads? It depends on which powertrain setup you select, but you can look forward to up to 20 mpg city and 25 mpg highway with a gas engine and 22 mpg city and 32 mpg highway with a diesel, according to EPA…
You may know the basic components of a good vehicle maintenance plan, but when you drive a vehicle as special as a Jeep Wrangler, you do things a little different. Dedicated Jeep owners know that it’s worth the time to learn about Jeep Wrangler maintenance. This small time investment will keep your car in top…